Today I have my first tutorial!!! I'm using just Essie products to show you how to do this Chevron/Fishtail and showing you 2, count'em, 2 methods ::kudos if you got the Spongebob reference::
*WARNING*- This post is heavy with both pictures and copy. If you don't want to read just scroll through the pics ^_^
Here's what I used!
|(L to R) Essie Barefoot in Blue, Blanc, Trophy Wife|
Base Color: Do your manicure as you would normally! This hopefully means base coat and at least 2 coats of color (unless you have a one coater in your stash) on clean, oil free nails. I'm using Barefoot in Blue. Allow your base color to dry completely! Skip the top coat for now
Method 1: Free Hand
- Take your brush and paint an arc shape from the corner of the nail to the center. Repeat on the other side! You may need 2 coats. I used Blanc so I reached perfect opacity in 1 coat.
2. Repeat the same arc motion with your third color, in this case, Trophy Wife.
3. Give the entire manicure time to dry
4. Put on your favorite top coat. Make sure to seal those edges!
Method 2: Tape
1. Take a piece of tape and make sure to get most of the stickiness off of it.
2. Draw the shape of the chevron on your tape. This time I made it straight rather than curvy.
3. Test it out against your nail to see if it's a keeper. If so, just cut along the dotted line.
4. After your base color is nice and dry, place the tape on your nail (no need to press it down hard) and paint over it with your 2nd color. Try not to flood your nail because it may get under the tape.
Remove the tape and allow the polish to dry.
5. Move the tape up as much as you desire and paint your 3rd color over this. Remove the tape.
Voila! Allow your chevron to dry before doing your clean up or putting on your topcoat.
Hope you all enjoyed the tutorial and try a Chevron/Fishtail design on your nails if you haven't already! Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!!!
Until Next Post! ^_^v