Saturday, November 17, 2012

Essie Winter 2012 Collection Swatches

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all have been having a great weekend. To say this week was hectic for me would be an understatement! I've been working on my thesis literally everyday. I can't say this wasn't expected though. At  the end of the semester everything seems to come to a head. Life of a graduate student ::sigh::. HOWEVER there has been an upside to this week. Christmas came in November in the form of a package of Essie polishes!!! I present to you the Essie's Winter 2012 Collection!

(L to R) where's my chauffer?, snap happy, leading lady, butler please, beyond cozy,  she's pampered

with flash

with flash



no flash

no flash
Where's My Chauffeur? is an amazing turquoise polish with a creme finish. This was seriously love at first stroke for me! Where's my chauffeur? was already beautiful in the bottle but WOW. The color was vibrant and the formula was a dream to work with. One of my favorites from the bunch. Here I have 2 coats 


with flash

with flash

without flash

without flash
Snap Happy is a beautiful red-orange creme. Though this is a very typical color I was happy to find that this one was a true one coater! My smile line *poof* disappeared with one coat. I still did 2 for this review though.


with flash
with flash

without flash

without flash
Leading Lady was another favorite from this collection! Essie decided to throw a glittery dark-red jelly into the mix! This is perfect for the holiday season. The formula was great and I reached perfect opacity with 2 coats.


matte finish - flash

matte finish - flash
matte finish - no flash

With topcoat and flash

with topcoat and flash

 Butler Please satisfied my blue craving in an unexpected way. It turns out this true cobalt blue turned out to have a matte finish! The formula was great! I reached opacity with two coats. I decided to do some swatches with top coat for you all as well.

with flash

with flash

without flash

without flash
Beyond Cozy was my absolute favorite of this collection. The gold-silver sparkle in this was gorgeous!!! I could not stop looking at my nails! For a polish with so much glitter this had a surprisingly good formula. I also reached perfect opacity in 2 coats which I feel is rare with glitters. Perfect holiday color! 

with flash
with flash
without flash
without flash
She's pampered is in my opinion a basic red with the slightest tinge of raspberry. I actually had to debate this with my husband and a friend. We all finally came to a consensus that the raspberry was in there. If you don't already have a red like this in your collection this would be a great addition. This was a very nice creme  with a great formula. Perfect opacity with 2 coats.




This was a great collection from Essie and they remain the Queen of Cremes in my book! My favorites were Where's My Chauffeur?, Leading Lady, Butler Please, and Beyond Cozy (can't get over how great this one was!). If you don't already have reds like Snap Happy and She's Pampered then I think they would be good additions to any collection.

Hope you enjoyed the post! Which colors did you love? Are you adding any to your wishlist? Comment and let me know! Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!!!
Until Next Time post! ^_^v





6 comments:

  1. Hi Stania! I'm glad I found your blog, your swatches are really neat!
    I've seen all the Essies but hesitating a lot because they retail for 20 USD in my country (per bottle). So I want to be sure what to get. I Wanted Buttler please, because I don't own any blue shade like this one, but I'm afraid it could stain. Does it look like it would stain the nails?
    Thanks for the swatches and don't hesitate to pay me a visit! I've been blogging for a month now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalia!
      Thank you for reading my blog and subscribing! I love Butler Please because it is a really unique blue. When I removed it (using pure acetone on a few fingers and regular nail polish remover on the rest) it came off with no staining at all. I would recommend it. It's like getting 2 polishes in one. A matte polish without top coat and a beautiful creme with top coat. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne! And thank you for subscribing! ^_^

      Delete